Tuesday 26 February 2013

TRENDS AND ROLES-REFLECTIONS

This is where I will answer the three questions, the first one is what new insights have I gained in terms of the variety of roles that adult educators play? Well so far I have learned that there are many roles one must play as an adult educator and here are a few, communication ,direction ,motivation ,knowledge of subject, leadership, ability to engage in classroom activity as well as on site training. As for myself I have worked from a young age and time where there was not much learning done except on the job from experience both unsuccessful and successful, but it was almost always hands on learning.So for me I have to learn how to retrieve and share the 32 years of hands on experience I have stowed away in my brain and use it as an Instructor, that's a big task! Well I have now picked my two articles and I am in the process of reviewing the roles as a constructivist learner and teacher.  http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/w/x/wxh139/construct.htmacher.  this website is very interesting. I enjoyed the reading where it explains how bringing together Cognitive Constructivism and Sociocultural Constructivist this is where the knowledge and experience meet, which again is the learning I know best.

2 comments:

  1. It seems like you are off to a good start, Terry! It will take a while to see how all your experience can be taught as you keep the adult student in mind. Leadership, engagement, communication,etc are all things that will come together as you practice and gain experience as an educator. Good luck with your instructor education journey.....
    Cheers,
    Loni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Loni, yes it,s been a real experience just getting the course started but i,m having fun with it.thanks for all the tip's keep them coming and I hope things are going good for you as well. Terry

    ReplyDelete